Sabbath, December 12, 2015. Pastor Dorsey II. Sermon Title: Lessons from the Blessings! Supporting Scriptures: Exodus 16: 1-3 NLT. The children of Israel complained about Moses and Aaron but they really were complaining against the Lord. The Lord heard their complaints. Ex. 16: 31 NLT Too many times God gives us blessings we don’t understand and we ask the question, what is this? They didn’t know what manna was. We need to get to the point where can recognize how and when God has blessed us.
” Many look back to the Israelites, and marvel at their unbelief and murmuring, feeling that they themselves would not have been so ungrateful; but when their faith is tested, even by little trials, they manifest no more faith or patience than did ancient Israel.
When brought into strait places, they murmur at the process by which God has chosen to purify them. Though their present needs are supplied, many are unwilling to trust God for the future, and they are in constant anxiety lest poverty shall come upon them, and their children shall be left to suffer.
Some are always anticipating evil or magnifying the difficulties that really exist, so that their eyes are blinded to the many blessings which demand their gratitude.” Patriarchs and Prophets 294
Lessons From the Blessings
You Need VISION
We need to see the blessings we are caught up in the complaints
- The lens may cloud, obscuring the light entering the eye.
- The eye’s shape can change, altering the image projected onto the retina
- The retina can degrade and deteriorate, affecting the perception of images
- The optic nerve can become damaged, interrupting the flow of visual information to the brain
“eyes are useless when a mind is blind” Unknown
Blind to Blessings
Complain instead of PRAISE
Doubt instead of TRUST
Prisoners of past instead of HOPING for a brighter future
God wants to give us new things in our lives and we are carrying around old stuff in new bags.
O my soul, bless God. From head to toe, I’ll bless His holy name! O my soul, bless God, don’t forget a single blessing!
Psalm 103:1.2 The Message Bible
Taste and see that the LORD is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him! Psalm 34:8 NLT
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19 NLT
Lessons From the Blessings
You Need VISION
You Need to be ACTIVE
We must activate the blessings in our lives
Isn’t it obvious that God-talk without God-acts is outrageous nonsense? I can already hear one of you agreeing by saying, “Sounds good. You take care of the faith department, I’ll handle the works department.” Not so fast. You can no more show me your works apart form your faith than I can show you my faith apart from my works. Faith and works, works and faith, fit together hand in glove. James 2:17, 18 The Message Bible
You Have to LISTEN
1) Each household gathers as much as needed
2) Do not keep any overnight
3) Pick up double on Friday, and save the rest for Sabbath.
Too many of us can’t get the blessing because we aren’t listening.
In fact, if you know the right thing to do and don’t do it, that, for you, is evil. James 4:17 The Message
God can do anything, you know far more than you could ever imagine or request in your wildest dreams!
He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, His Spirit deeply and gently within us. Ephesians 3:20 The Message Bible
As we close 2015 we need to praise the Lord. Did we see the blessings as a part of our lives? Have we followed directions? What are we going to do with the blessings? Are we going to claim them and move forward?
“Time is running out. Jesus is coming soon. And the gospel message must go out to the entire world. But before Christ can use us, before He can answer our prayers, we must put away all pretense. We must be consecrated personally. When we are, His Holy Spirit can be poured out!”
- Praise God for the Lessons from the Blessings!
- Thank God for ‘eyesalve’ so we can see His blessings
- Confess your need of the Holy Spirit to be grateful for His blessings
- Spend time with your God for consecration every day and for the outpouring of His Holy Spirit
- Meditate on His Word and commit His scriptures to memory
- Normandie becoming a House of Prayer
- President of the United States of America and Worldwide Leaders
- Comfort and blessings to the victims of the San Bernardino and Paris shootings and their family, friends and coworkers
- Global diseases, Human Trafficking, domestic violence, law enforcement and health care workers
- Worldwide Evangelism
- Pastor Dorsey and family. All of our pastors and their families
- Sick & Shut In
- Nomination Process
- Thank Him for answered prayers
- Requests in the Prayer Box
- Unemployed and Underemployed
- Troubled marriages, troubled teens, young adults and our children. Bless our seniors
Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank You so much for Your love, blessings and provision. Please let us recognize Your blessings and stop complaining about the process being used to purify us to get us ready for Your Kingdom. You have always been faithful and it is us who have blind eyes because we will not see. Please help us to get that the story of the Israelites is also our story. We do not behave any better than them and yet we are able to read about them in Your book that should be the filter of everything we do and say. Help us to see the vision, activate Your promises and blessings and listen and obey what we hear from You. We are willing to give up complaining, doubt and being prisoners of the past so we can move in hope toward the future You have prepared for us. We want our God-talk to match our God-walk as we prepare ourselves for Your second coming. Please forgive us of our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. We pray, praise and thank You. In the name of Jesus. Amen!